Thursday 28 March 2013

Survey Says...

For this week’s blog, I thought I would switch things up a bit. I thought it would be fun to show you the faces that I have the pleasure of seeing every day.


After devising this survey  >   >   >


I then asked (ok -forced) the MB Students to share a bit more about themselves and about their favourite parts of articling at a civil litigation firm.


I have put together below some of their best (in my humble opinion) answers.




   






  Q2: Settlement conference – It makes me feel like the
lawyer, I thought I would be.

Q3: The Bancroft Court of Justice - Because of the
beautiful countryside drive.

Q5: Harvey's– in two words: Original Burger

Q2: Motion all the way

Q4: Mediations – You generally get to hear the whole story from the beginning and really get a sense of the issues in the case.

Q5: IQ– Quinoa, the superfood.

Q1: Rule 49 - Offer to Settle - Because why can't
everyone just get along?

Q3: The Oshawa Court of Justice - Because it reminds me of 'Gringotts Wizarding Bank' (from Harry Potter, for those that don't indulge in wizardry).

Q5: Aroma– FREE chocolate, need I say more.


Q1: Rule 37 – Motions!

Q3: The Orillia Court of Justice – My first Settlement Conference.

Q5: IQ – healthy and delicious!

Q1: Rule 49 – It promotes a resolution of the issues and "punishes" those who are not willing to cooperate or be an effective lawyer.

Q4: Mediations - Another opportunity to resolve the claim and make the client happy.

Q5: Chinese noodle soup place at the Sheraton Hotel -when I visit my colleagues in Toronto.

Q2: Settlement Conference - I like the opportunity to meet opposing counsel face to face.

Q4: Examinations for Discovery - Network Reporting has great food!

Q5: Thai Express – Not exactly "express" but worth the wait!

Q2: Motions - I think it's a good opportunity to practice oral advocacy and to have to think quickly on your feet.

Q4: Mediations - I haven't been to a lot of them and it is interesting to watch different lawyers' negotiation strategies.

Q5: Freshii – I collect points on my phone and get free
meals.

Q3: The Cobourg Court of Justice - I took the train there at 6:50 am in the middle of a snowstorm!

Q4: Mediations - I like to see how different mediators engage both sides.

Q5: Sandwich Box is my favourite lunch spot – 'you don't make friends with salad' (-Bart and Homer Simpson)


(This is mine :) 


Wishing you a Happy Easter & Long Weekend!

RS